*****6/19/2019 THE NEW ELECTRONICS RECYCLING SHED HAS ARRIVED*****
*****Electronics will be accepted SATURDAYS ONLY from 8am - 3pm at The Department of Public Works, 37 Ironia Road, Mendham*****
*****Mendham Borough Residents ONLY*****
*****The DPW is under 24 hour surveillance and violators will be subject to a fine under Ordinance #02-2019*****
*****ACCEPTED ITEMS BELOW*****
The items that are acceptable for residents to recycle at no cost include:
***Things that CANNOT be dropped off are CRT monitors (the ones with the large back), and any refrigerant containing devices such as refrigerators/air conditioners. These items and others can be disposed of at the MCMUA (facility details below). Click here for contact information.
Not on the list above, below are some options to dispose of other electronics.
1. GreenVision Inc. (click here to read their story here and find out more). GreenVision accepts: computers, computer accessories, printers, copy machines, fax machines, AV components, phones, small kitchen appliances, vacuums, LCD monitors.
2. Best Buy (click here for more information). Best Buy accepts: TV, video, computer & tablets, cell phones, radios, appliances, ink & toners, audio, home, music & movies, video games & gadgets, cameras & camcorders, GPS.
3. Staples (click here for more information). Staples accepts: Accessories, adapters, cables, cable/satellite receivers, calculators, camcorders, CD/DVD/Blu-Ray players, computer speakers, coffee brewers, connected home devices, copiers, cordless phones, desktop computers, digital cameras, digital projectors, e-readers, fax machines, flash drives, gaming consoles, GPS, hard drives, ipods/MP3 players, keyboards/mice, laptops, mobile phones, modems, monitors, printers/multifunction devices, routers, scanners, shredders, small servers, stereo receivers, tablets, UPS/battery backup devices, video streaming devices, webcams.
4. NJ Clean Energy Program (click here for more information). There are rebates through New Jersey's Clean Energy Program for recycling your old, WORKING, refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryer, central air conditioners, ductless mini-split A/C systems, water heaters, air to air heat pumps, furnaces, discontinued Energy Star lighting.
5. NJDEP (click here for more information). Large or Heavy Electronics, over 50 pounds, screens over 40 inches.
6. Additional NJDEP Approved E-Waste Recycling Sites (click here for more information).
Electronic equipment, appliances with printed circuit boards, may contain lead from solder, mercury in switches, lithium batteries, and heavy metals in the printed circuit boards.
Cathode ray tubes (CRTs), including televisions and computer monitors, contain approximately 5 to 8 pounds of lead per unit.
These items do not pose any health and safety risk while intact, but may if dismantled or improperly disposed.
MCMUA Household Hazardous Waste Facility and Electronics Recycling
Mt. Olive Transfer Station
168 Gold Mine Road
Mount Olive, NJ 07836
Tel: (973) 829-8006 Fax: (973) 285-8397
Town: Mt. Olive Township
Hours: Selected Tuesdays and Fridays 9:00 am - 12:00 noon
Selected Saturdays 8:00 am - 11:00 am
Notes: The HHW Facility is open on selected Tuesday, Friday and Saturday mornings by appointment only. Do not go to the HHW facility without first calling and making an appointment.
Capacity: 90 Day storage limit. Facility has 2 prefabricated hazardous waste storage units with a total capacity of 75 drums as well as a 1,000 gallon oil tank.
Limitations: Open to Morris County residents free of charge. Eligible commercial conditionally exempt small quantity generators ("CESQG") as well as out-of-county residents and businesses can also call up for appointments and use the facility for a fee. Latex paint disposal is $1.25 per pound.
Facility Type: Hazardous Waste Facility
Block and Lot: Block 4500, Lot 5
Click here for 2019 MCMUA Hazardous Waste Drop Off Event Dates.