Mendham Borough offers brush pick up as a service to the residents. The Borough Brush Removal Program is for the homeowner’s convenience to assist in seasonal tree maintenance and storm damage to trees. No cut down, whole trees will be picked up. This service shall not be used by private contractors. Persons hired by the property owners are responsible for removing material. Piles deemed excessively large will not be accepted. Public Works Superintendent has the right to refuse any pick up that does not fall within these guidelines.
GUIDELINES FOR BRUSH PICKUP:
The following information shall assist residents regarding brush pick up procedures:
- All brush must be placed in front of the house generating it.
- Brush piles must be placed on the curb not on the road which causes a safety hazard. If limbs are too long, place them parallel to the curb.
- The piles must be stacked in an orderly fashion and not tied in bundles and shall not be larger than six inches in diameter.
- Stack brush with the cut ends facing the road in the same direction.
- Brush will not be picked up unless it is called in.
- Branches will be picked up within a week of calling in the location; we cannot schedule an exact day.
ITEMS NOT ALLOWED:
- Stumps, root balls, roots, lumber, brush larger than six inches in diameter, metal of any kind, posts, clippings, dirt, grass, flowers, weeds, plants, leaves, bamboo or any type of household garbage.
- Cut down, whole trees.
- Excessively large piles.
- Brush cut or trimmed by contractors.
DO NOT PLACE PILES OF BRUSH ON VACANT LOTS
If there are any questions regarding the brush program,
please give our office a call at 973-543-6535.
The Department of Public Works consists of 9 employees of various disciplines and experience.
Our responsibilities include:
Maintenance of the Roads, Parks,
All Borough Owned Buildings and Vehicle Fleet Maintenance.
Leaves & Grass Clipping Disposal
It is suggested that you cut your grass and leave it on the lawn. Grass clippings and leaves will not be picked up. Do not leave grass clippings/leaves at the curb. Do not mix grass clippings/leaves with branches and brush or with household garbage. Grass and leaves are accepted at the Department of Public Works.
The hours of operation are: Monday-Friday: 7AM to 3:30 PM and Saturday 8AM to 3:00 PM.
Contractors are NOT allowed to dispose of this material at this site. They may dispose of the material at the County Disposal Facility in Mount Olive.
Recycling Depot at the Department of Public Works
In addition to the curbside recycling program, Borough residents can bring newspaper, mixed paper, cardboard, Plastics coded #1 through #7 (excluding #3 & #6), and cans to the Public Works Facility at 37 Ironia Road during business hours Monday through Friday 7am to 3:30pm and
Saturdays from 8am to 3pm.
Recycling Depot at the
Department of Public Works
Mendham Borough Residents ONLY
The DPW is under 24 Hour surveillance an ID will be checked when entering the property.
Please see the Recycling / Waste page.