*****Electronics "E Waste" is accepted SATURDAYS ONLY from 8:00am - 2:30pm at The Department of Public Works, 37 Ironia Road, Mendham*****
*****Mendham Borough Residents ONLY*****
*****The DPW is under 24 hour surveillance and violators will be subject to a fine.
*****ACCEPTED ITEMS BELOW*****
The items that are acceptable for residents to recycle at no cost include:
Desktop Fax Machines
Televisions (including CRT's)
***Things that CANNOT be dropped off are any refrigerant containing devices such as refrigerators/air conditioners. Once the refrigerant is removed and item is property stickered it can be placed out for Bulk Trash pick up on Monday.
As of 2011 and in accordance with Electronic Waste Management Act., certain electronic items listed are banned from being placed in the garbage for disposal.
Not on the list above, below are some options to dispose of other electronics.
1. GreenVision Inc. (click here to read their story here and find out more). GreenVision accepts: computers, computer accessories, printers, copy machines, fax machines, AV components, phones, small kitchen appliances, vacuums, LCD monitors.
2. Best Buy (click here for more information). Best Buy accepts: TV, video, computer & tablets, cell phones, radios, appliances, ink & toners, audio, home, music & movies, video games & gadgets, cameras & camcorders, GPS.
3. Staples (click here for more information). Staples accepts: Accessories, adapters, cables, cable/satellite receivers, calculators, camcorders, CD/DVD/Blu-Ray players, computer speakers, coffee brewers, connected home devices, copiers, cordless phones, desktop computers, digital cameras, digital projectors, e-readers, fax machines, flash drives, gaming consoles, GPS, hard drives, ipods/MP3 players, keyboards/mice, laptops, mobile phones, modems, monitors, printers/multifunction devices, routers, scanners, shredders, small servers, stereo receivers, tablets, UPS/battery backup devices, video streaming devices, webcams.
4. NJ Clean Energy Program (click here for more information). There are rebates through New Jersey's Clean Energy Program for recycling your old, WORKING, refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryer, central air conditioners, ductless mini-split A/C systems, water heaters, air to air heat pumps, furnaces, discontinued Energy Star lighting.
5. NJDEP (click here for more information). Large or Heavy Electronics, over 50 pounds, screens over 40 inches.
6. Additional NJDEP Approved E-Waste Recycling Sites (click here for more information).
HARD & SOFT COVER BOOK RECYCLING
- Have books you no longer need and would like to recycle them?
- Bring them to Public Works Facility.
- Deposit them in the green book recycling bin.
- Located next to the Electronics (E-Waste) Shed.
- Hard and soft cover books are accepted.