JCP&L Storm Update
JCP&L offers the following information about partial restoration and customer call backs.
· In a major storm, it is necessary to make temporary repairs - cutting a wire, opening a circuit, replacing a fuse-to make an area extra safe and restore power to as many customers as possible before returning to complete the work.
· This process helps JCP&L assess the damage and prioritize the work.
· If crews leave your area to make temporary repairs elsewhere, be assured they will return to complete the work.
· In a major storm, more than one repair may be needed to restore your service.
· We will call you once we have made repairs needed to restore your service. You can let us know if you are still without power. If so, it’s often a problem with the line connected directly to your home.
· Customers who are without power are encouraged to call 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877) to report their outage or click the "Report Outage" link on www.firstenergycorp.com.