-Historic District Map -Main Street Corridor Map
- Frequently Asked Questions
-District History: Evolving with the Times Part A Part B Part C
Sources: Mendham Borough Centennial Book; National Register Submissions; Historic District Expansion
The Mendham Borough Historic Preservation Commission has been formed for the protection, enhancement and preservation of districts, sites, buildings and structures of historic, cultural or architectural value and interest within the Borough. The Commission consists of 5 members and 2 alternates appointed by the Mayor with the approval of the Borough Council. The primary responsibilities include:
1. Hear and decide applications
2. Make recommendations to the Planning Board and Board of Adjustment on applications for development;
3. Make recommendations to the Planning Board on the Historic Preservation Element of the Master Plan
4. Carry out educational, advisory and informational functions as to promote historic preservation.
Visit the”Forms Center" to get a Historic Commission Application, Checklist and Instructions.
To view our ordinances pertaining to the Historic Overlay Zone (Ordinance #05-01), (Ordinance #14-09) and (Ordinance #7-11) and the Historic Preservation Commission Ordinance (Ordinance #04-01) click on the ordinance number. To view our ordinance pertaining to the Main Street Corridor (Ordinance #26-07) click on the number.
The Historic Preservation Commission meetings are held at the Garabrant Center, 4 Wilson St., Mendham beginning at7:30P
Click Here for meeting schedules
Notice of any changes in the schedule, time, date or place will be posted on the bulletin board in the Phoenix House and delivered to the official newspapers in advance as required by law.