Brush Pick-Up Program
The Borough of Mendham provides Brush Pick-up service as a convenience for its residents. Brush is ground up on-site curbside. The Brush Pick-up Program is for Borough homeowner’s only to assist in seasonal tree maintenance, brush clean-up and storm damage to trees.
BRUSH PICK-UP GUIDELINES
- Borough Code Article II. Curbside Collection of Brush
- All brush must be placed in front of the house generating it.
- Brush piles must be placed on the curb --not on the road which causes a safety hazard.
- Stack brush with the cut ends facing the road in the same direction.
- Piles must be stacked in an orderly fashion.
- Do not tie into bundles. Otherwise the pile cannot be ground onsite.
- Limbs shall not be larger than (6) six inches in diameter.
- DO NOT PLACE PILES OF BRUSH ON VACANT LOTS
- Brush will not be picked up unless a Service Request is received or Call in.
- Branches are normally picked-up within a week of receipt of request.
- NOT ALLOWED
- Stumps, root balls, roots, lumber.
- Brush larger than six inches in diameter
- Metal of any kind.
- Clippings, dirt, grass, flowers, weeds, plants, leaves, bamboo or any type of household garbage.
- Cut down, whole trees.
- Excessively large piles.
- Brush cut or trimmed by contractors.
or Call 973-543-6535