Mendham Borough offers brush pick up as a service to the residents. The Borough Brush Removal Program is for the homeowner’s convenience to assist in seasonal tree maintenance and storm damage to trees. No cut down, whole trees will be picked up. This service shall not be used by private contractors. Persons hired by the property owners are responsible for removing material. Piles deemed excessively large will not be accepted. Public Works Superintendent has the right to refuse any pick up that does not fall within these guidelines.
GUIDELINES FOR BRUSH PICKUP:
The following information shall assist residents regarding brush pick up procedures:
- All brush must be placed in front of the house generating it.
- Brush piles must be placed on the curb not on the road which causes a safety hazard. If limbs are too long, place them parallel to the curb.
- The piles must be stacked in an orderly fashion and not tied in bundles and shall not be larger than six inches in diameter.
- Stack brush with the cut ends facing the road in the same direction.
- Brush will not be picked up unless it is called in.
- Branches will be picked up within a week of calling in the location; we cannot schedule an exact day.
ITEMS NOT ALLOWED:
- Stumps, root balls, roots, lumber, brush larger than six inches in diameter, metal of any kind, posts, clippings, dirt, grass, flowers, weeds, plants, leaves, bamboo or any type of household garbage.
- Cut down, whole trees.
- Excessively large piles.
- Brush cut or trimmed by contractors.
DO NOT PLACE PILES OF BRUSH ON VACANT LOTS
If there are any questions regarding the brush program,
please give our office a call at 973-543-6535.