GRASS & LEAVES DISPOSAL PROGRAM GUIDELINES
- Grass and leaves are NOT picked-up curbside in the Borough of Mendham.
Grass and leaves can be disposed of at the Borough DPW Facility Dumpster Compactor.
Monday - Friday 7:00am - 3:00pm
Saturday 8:00am - 2:30pm
Phones are not answered on Saturday.
IF DUMPSTER COMPACTOR CLOSED
In the event of high volume of grass & leaves the dumpster may be closed or conned off.
- If closed grass and leaves may be disposed of in the pile on the right side of the DPW Lot.
- It is marked with wooden Grass & Leaf & Arrow Sign.
- Cones are set up to guide residents so they may back in close to the pile to unload.
- The facility is Self-Serve for disposal of Grass & Leaves
- Staff is in and out of the facility during the day attending to other off-site duties as well as performing duties in the garage or on vehicles.
- ONLY GRASS CLIPPINGS & LEAVES ARE ACCEPTED.
- No brush, branches or hard material are allowed.
- No material in brown bags is accepted.
- Grass Clippings & Leaves are compacted on-site at the DPW Facility & then removed off-site to be composted.
- Do Not mix grass clippings and leaves with branches, brush or household garbage.
- Non-acceptable material mixed in with the Grass Clippings & Leaves disrupts the composting process.
- Contractors are NOT allowed to dispose of Grass Clippings & Leaves at the DPW Facility.
- Disposal for Contractors is available at the Mount Olive Morris County Disposal Facility.