Construction work must be inspected as required by the Uniform Construction Code, N.J.A.C. 5:23-2.18 NEW BUILDINGS – ADDITIONS – RENOVATIONS – ALTERATIONS – MINOR WORK (Other inspections may be required depending on scope of the project. Consult the subcode Officials if you have any questions). The Construction Office will conduct inspections as often as necessary to insure that all work conforms to the approved plans and the requirements of the Uniform Construction Code.
The owner or other person in charge of the work must notify this office when work is ready for inspection. Requests for inspections must be made at least 24 hours prior to the date inspection is desired. Inspections will be conducted within three (3) business days of the request, and work shall not proceed in a manner that will conceal it from the inspection.
TO ARRANGE FOR BUILDING, ELECTRICAL, PLUMBING AND FIRE SUBCODE INSPECTIONS:
E-MAIL firstname.lastname@example.org or go online to SDL.town/mendham (at least 24 hours in advance)
ARRANGE FOR INSPECTION WHEN WORK IS READY.DO NOT ANTICIPATE! N.J.A.C. 5:23-2.18(c) 1.
To schedule an inspection, permit number, work site address, and callback telephone number are required.
1. Footing Inspection - Bottom of trench - PRIOR to the pouring of concrete.
2. Steel in Masonry- Bond Beam, Reinforcement-PRIOR to pouring of concrete.
3. Wall Forms - PRIOR to the pouring of concrete.
4. Block Wall – MIDPOINT for vertical reinforcement.
5. Foundation/Backfill Inspection - PRIOR to the placement of backfill.
(New Construction Foundation Location Survey Required prior to inspection)
6. Slab inspection - PRIOR to the placement of concrete.
IF REQUIRED, Foundation location survey (2 Copies) must be submitted and approved prior to Framing
7. Framing inspection - AFTER passing Electrical and Plumbing and BEFORE insulation.
(New Construction Framing Checklist required at Inspection)
8. Electrical rough wiring.
9. Plumbing rough installation and/or Gas Pressure Test
10. Sheathing, Roof & Walls – before covered
11. Insulation inspection - PRIOR to the installation of gypsum board.
(New Construction Insulation Checklist required at Inspection)
12. Above suspended Ceiling – PRIOR to installing ceiling tiles - Building, Electrical,
Fire (Sprinklers only), Plumbing
13. Final Electric, Plumbing & Fire.
14. Final Building inspection - ONLY AFTER FINALS HAVE BEEN APPROVED BY: ELECTRIC, PLUMBING, MECHANICAL AND FIRE. (NO EXCEPTIONS)
THE APPROVED PLANS MUST BE KEPT ON THE JOB AT ALL TIMES. IF THE INSPECTOR IS NOT ABLE TO REVIEW THE APPROVED PLANS ON THE JOB, THE INSPECTION WILL NOT BE CONDUCTED. The Construction Official or sub code officials may require additional inspections. If you have any questions regarding the number or timing of inspections, please call the sub code official at the telephone number listed above.