Click on Sunny Face Below
Interested in working for Mendham Borough Day Camp?
The Day Camp is now accepting job applications through Feb 28
Day Camp Camper Registration Apr 1 - May 28 (check back Apr 1)
Necessary traits of a Mendham Borough Day Camp Counselor:
— Reliable – punctual, follows through on tasks, and ready to work daily
— Positive and helpful– shows initiative, makes his/herself useful, displays enthusiasm and genuine interest, gets involved in activities with the children, takes job seriously but not themselves (does not mind getting goofy), acts as a teammate, presents his/herself on online social forums (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) in a manner that is socially appropriate and would not be offensive to children and families of children attending.
— Communicates effectively – understands the difference between constructive criticism and griping, cares about outward appearance, knows when to speak up and knows when to listen
— Altruistic and goal-orientated – good work ethic – puts ego aside for the common good of the children and the program (remember this job is about the children)
If you are a Mendham Borough or Mendham Township resident, ages 14 or older at the start of camp season, June 6, 2021 desire to leave an impact in the lives of children, and posses or know that you can learn the above mentioned traits, WE WANT YOU!
- Read through the Staff Manual thoroughly to note job expectations.
- The Mendham Borough Day Camp hiring window is open from the first of the year to the last day of February of the calendar year.
- Interviews for new applicants will begin in late March.
- Note that you MUST be available for 4 out of our 6 weeks of work. The dates are as follows:
- Week 1: June 21st-June 25th
- Week 2: June 28th- July 2nd
- Week 3: July 5th- July 9th
- Week 4: July 12th- July 16th
- Week 5: July 19th- July 23rd
- Week 6: July 26th- July 30th
- Note that you MUST be available to attend MANDATORY training, usually the First Sunday of June.
- Fill out the fill-able application (TYPE in your information - those with typed answers are drop-downs, please click to change, print, sign it, and complete the process described on the document).
- Remit application and all other required information no later than the last day of February.
- Applicants only need to interview once - only during the first year of applying.
- After their first-time application/interview they do NOT need to interview a second time.
- Reapplying applicants will be assessed on work at the camp, or if a sub that didn't work at all, the original interview.
Letter should be addressed to:
Bruce DiBisceglie, Director of Recreation
6 West Main Street, Mendham, NJ 07945
Park & Orchard tennis courts will re-open Spring 2021
courts will be closed for the winter months to protect from freezing temps
(please note that the water fountains in the parks have been shut off due to protect from freezing temps)
Walk-up office hours (BUILDING CLOSED):
2021 facility request forms can be found in our Forms Center
Current field & facility calendars can downloaded from here:
|OUTDOOR CALENDAR||INDOOR CALENDAR|
Please practice social distancing, Thank You.
|Borough Park ~ Doubleday Field (gazebo)||OPEN|
|Borough Park ~ Elliott Field (w/ scoreboard)||OPEN|
|Borough Park ~ Lenape Field||OPEN|
|Borough Park ~ First Responders Turf Courts (2)||OPEN*|
|Borough Park ~ Orchard & Park Tennis Courts (2)||CLOSED|
|Botti Park Fields (2)||OPEN|
* Please note that if a ball should go on the roof of the first aid building, DO NOT GET IT YOURSELF. There are live electrical wires on that roof. DO NOT GO ONTO THE FIRST AID BUILDING ROOF. Call DPW at 973-543-6535 and THEY will retrieve your ball for you.
visit our First Responders Turf Courts (donated by the West Morris Soccer Club!)
Recreation Fax: 973-543-2290
Recreation Department meetings held the 3rd Thursday of each month at the Garabrant Center @ 7:30pm (please check the Borough calendar for updates)
your Recreation representatives: Bruce DiBisceglie (Director), Ned Panfile, Kevin Lanahan, Dianne Ackerman, Tim McChesney, Stephanie Fourie, Bud Murphy & Brianne Tuthill
Colleen O'Mahoney (student rep), James Fourie (student rep) & Councilman Steve Andrew.
rec⋅re⋅a⋅tion [rek-ree-ey-shuhn] - noun: a pastime, diversion, exercise, or other resource affording relaxation and enjoyment.