Prior to closing on the sale of your home all mandatory inspections must be completed.
- OPEN PERMIT SEARCH "SAVE TIME GO ONLINE!" To confirm there are No Open Permits click on the SDL OPEN PERMIT SEARCH link above and log in. If you do not have an SDL account click on create account and follow the instructions. After logging in go to Find a Property. Enter the property address or block and lot numbers and click Go. You will be directed to the Property Page. To review the status of permits for the property being sold, scroll down and click on Permit Applications.
- Certificate of Smoke Alarm, Carbon Monoxide Alarm, Portable Fire Extinquisher Compliance The New Jersey Uniform Fire Code 5:70-2.3(a) requires: “Before any one or two family structure is sold, leased or otherwise made subject to a change of occupancy for residential purposes, the owner shall obtain a Certificate of Smoke Alarm, Carbon Monoxide Alarm and Portable Fire Extinguisher Compliance (CSACMAPFEC), evidencing compliance with N.J.A.C 5:70-4.19. This is a mandatory inspection and must be completed prior to sale, lease, or change in occupancy by the Borough Fire Prevention Bureau.
- Sewer Connection Inspection This inspection is mandatory and is required for all residential property on the Borough public sewer system. The Borough of Mendham does not require an inspection on private septic systems.
- Sewer Utilitiy Account Selling or purchasing a home? There is no need to contact the Borough to transfer service. The name of the new responsible party for the service will automatically transfer in the Borough Billing System from the sellers name to the new property owners name upon transfer of the property deed.
- OPEN PERMIT SEARCH "SAVE TIME GO ONLINE!"