NJ Property Tax Relief Programs
- NJ Property Tax Relief Programs
Senior Freeze - Property Tax Reimbursement
- To ask questions: 1-800-882-6597 (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday)
- To listen to information or to order an application: 1-800-323-4400
- Text Telephone Service (TTY/TDD) for Hard-of-Hearing Users
- 1-800-286-6613 or 609-984-7300
- E-mail General Tax Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
ANCHOR replaces the Homestead Benefit program.
The deadline for filing your ANCHOR benefit application is December 30, 2022. The State will begin paying ANCHOR benefits in the late Spring of 2023. ANCHOR payments will be paid in the form of a direct deposit or check, not as credits to property tax bills. Homeowners who filed a Homestead Benefit application last year may be able to obtain their ID and PIN numbers online. Tenants do not need an ID or PIN number to file. Visit the Division's ANCHOR page for all filing information.
- To ask questions: 1-888-238-1233 (8:30am-5:30 pm Monday through Friday, except holidays)
- E-mail Anchor Benefit Questions: State of NJ – NJ Treasury – Taxation – Email – General Tax Questions
- To apply for the Veterans Deduction
- Complete the State VSS Form
- Submit Forms with Attachments to the Borough of Mendham Tax Collector
- DD-214 United States National Archives and Records Administration