FIREARMS APPLICATION PROCESS
ALL INFORMATION ON THIS PAGE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE DUE TO CURRENT FIREARMS LEGISLATION AND FILED CIVIL SUITS IN FEDERAL COURT
A-4769 is the updated firearms law that was signed by Governor Murphy on December 22, 2022. For a summary of this law, including immediate changes, future changes, and civil litigation notes, a document can be found HERE. (Updated 01/11/2023)
- Contact Detective Christopher Gobbi 973-543-7827
- Application For Firearms Purchaser Identification Card and/or Handgun Purchase Permit
- Initial FID cards are $50. Pistol Purchase Permits are $25 each
- All Firearms Applications must be completed using the NJ State Police Firearms Registration System (FARS)
- You will need to provide the Mendham Borough ORI # to complete the application.
- # NJ0141800
- Any applications initiated but not completed by an applicant within 90 days will be withdrawn and must be resubmitted.
- Permit to Carry Instructions
- IndentoGo Firearms Finger Printing
- Applicants are responsible for scheduling fingerprinting needed as part of the application process.
- Permit to carry applicants use service code: 2F164B
- Frequently Asked Questions