REQUIRED ELECTRICAL INSPECTIONS GUIDLINES
2017 NEC ARTICLE 680
- All new in-ground pools, above ground pools, spas, and hot tubs require electrical inspections.
- They must meet the requirements of article 680 of the 2017 NEC
- Some must PASS BEFORE work proceeds in some instances.
- Some inspections may be performed at the same time.
- Common required inspections.
- Bonding grids
- Perimeter bonding
- Bonding and potting of lights
- Bonding of rebar
- Any additional boning
- Any work performed that cannot be seen at time of inspection will not be approved
- Approval can only be completed after the work is EXPOSED and PASSES the required inspections.
- Failure to have inspections will result in a Notice of Violation.