Class III Special Police Officers
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY FORM
Hiring Notice; For two Class III Special Police Officers
The Mendham Borough School District and West Morris School Regional District Boards of Education and have approved the hiring of professional, qualified, and energetic applicants for the positions of Class III Special Police Officers. Applicants should possess the department’s Core Values of Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Compassion, and Respect.
The Class III Special Police Officers shall conduct School Safety and Security duties within the Mendham Borough K-8 School District or the West Morris Mendham High School.
- The applicant must be a retired law enforcement officer less than 65 years of age, who served as a duly qualified, fully trained, full-time officer in any municipality or county of this State or as a member of the State Police and was separated from that prior service in good standing, within three years of appointment to this position.
- Applicant must be physically capable of performing the functions of the position, determined in accordance with the Police Training Commission.
- Applicants must possess a NJ Police Training Commission Basic Police Officer Certification or NJ State Police Academy Certification.
- Applicants must possess a valid New Jersey Driver License.
- Applicant must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Applicants must successfully pass a psychological evaluation.
Starting Salary for the Class III Special Police Officer shall be $34.00 to $37.00 per hour, and he/she shall work a schedule up to 38 hours weekly, to be determined upon hiring. The Class III Special Police Office shall only work when school is in session. Although announcing the positions at this time, successful candidates will begin employment at the start of the 2023-2024 school year.
Preference may be given to retired police officers who previously served in a capacity as a School Resource, D.A.R.E or L.E.A.D. Officer.
The Borough of Mendham is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants shall be given full consideration.
Applicants must submit a resume and complete the Application for Employment that can be found on the Borough of Mendham Police website under Employment Opportunities, or on the website Police App at www.policeapp.com . Application packages may be hand delivered or mailed to Mendham Borough Police Department, 3 Cold Hill Rd. South, Mendham, NJ 07945 or can be emailed to: MBPDRecruiting@mendhamnj.org