- Home Occupations
HOME OCCUPATION GUIDLINES
Home occupations involve an individual craft or skill, such as dressmaking, millinery, cooking, pottery or a teacher giving lessons to one pupil at a time.
Home occupations shall be permitted subject to the following conditions.
- Such an occupation shall be conducted solely by resident occupants of the residential building.
- No more than 25% of the first floor area of the residence or 600 square feet, whichever is smaller, shall be used for such home occupation.
- No display of products shall be visible from the street.
- The home occupation shall be conducted entirely within the residence.
- The residential appearance or character of the residence shall not be changed.
- The home occupation generates no noise, odors, lights or other exterior physical impact
- beyond the levels normally associated with the residential use.
- All signage shall be in accordance with the provisions of § 215-8 of the Zoning Ordinance.