Hazardous Waste Disposal Information
- Hazardous Waste Disposal Information
HAZARDOUS WASTE DISPOSAL
Items containing Hazardous Waste must be disposed of at the Morris County's MUA
Items may also be disposed of during one of the MUA's Hazardous Waste Events.
Latex paint is not accepted at the MUA one-day hazardous waste disposal events.
Hazardous Waste cannot be collected with Bulk Trash Pick-up
You will need to call and schedule a drop-off appointment. Schedule HHW Appointment
If generated in Morris County, this material is required to go to the MCMUA transfer station if it is being disposed of.
Hazardous and non-hazardous waste, regulations, special handling and fees are explained in detail on the Morris County Municipal Utilities Authority (MCMUA) web site.
If you have questions about household hazardous waste disposal, call the MCMUA at 973-829-8006.
- Latex paint is not considered a hazardous waste.
- It is not recyclable.
- It may be disposed of in one of two ways:
- If there is little paint left in the cans, open them and let them dry completely.
- The empty cans may then be thrown out with your regular trash
- There are products on the market that will speed the drying process.
- You can also mix the leftover paint with kitty litter and put into a plastic bag. Mixture must be almost solid.