Where To Get The Coronavirus Vaccine In Morris County
MORRIS COUNTY, NJ — If you're frustrated trying to figure out where and when you can get the coronavirus vaccine in New Jersey, you're not alone.
State officials have wrestled with short supply, daily glitches and crashes in its COVID-19 vaccination system and confusion about how to secure appointments.
Here's some information on securing an appointment in New Jersey.
- Paid and unpaid health care workers
- Residents and workers of long term care and high-risk congregate care facilities
- First responders, including sworn law enforcement and fire professionals
- People 65 and older
- People ages 16-64 that have certain medical conditions that increase their risk of severe illness from COVID-19
The Food and Drug Administration authorized the emergency use of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine for people 16 and older, while the Moderna vaccine is recommended for people 18 and older.
Where to Get Vaccinated
Eligible patients can preregister through the state for an appointment. The process may not immediately give you an appointment date but will put you on a list to alert you when an appointment becomes available.
Here's a map that will show vaccination sites near you.
Those who work or volunteer at select health care facilities can make an appointment through their place of work. Veterans who receive care from Veterans Affairs health facilities or live in VA long-term care facilities may be eligible for vaccines through the VA.
Here are the sites available in Morris County:
Morris County Mega Site
- Rockaway Townsquare Mall
- 301 Mount Hope Avenue, Rockaway
- The website
ShopRite Pharmacy of Flanders
- 90 Bartley Flanders Rd., Flanders, NJ
ShopRite Pharmacy Of Greater Morristown
- 178 East Hanover Ave., Cedar Knolls
ShopRite Pharmacy #297
- 60 Beaverbrook Rd., Lincoln Park
RMG Urgent Care Center - Ledgewood
- 501 Route 10, Ledgewood
- CVS app or cvs.com
- CVS app or cvs.com
Rite Aid, Morristown
- 213 South St., Morristown
Rite Aid, Denville
- 123 East Main St., Suite 16, Denville
Rite Aid, Lake Hiawatha
- 480 North Beverwyck Rd., Lake Hiawatha
- no additional info on state website
Summit Medical Group
- 140 Park Ave., Florham Park
Zufall Health Center
- 4 Atno Ave., Morristown, Dover
Tips and Tricks
Patch has gathered tips that may help for securing vaccine appointments and websites with additional information:
- Join the New Jersey Covid Vaccine Info Facebook group. The 61,000-member group gives New Jerseyans the opportunity to share up-to-date information on vaccine availability.
- Follow VaxxUpdates on Twitter. The page helps Garden State residents secure vaccine appointments with instant updates on availability.
- CVS and Rite Aid began scheduling COVID-19 appointments at locations that will receive vaccines. But appointments fill up quickly.
- CentraState Healthcare System in Freehold periodically opens registration. They will email a link when you're eligible for an appointment.
- Check out the COVID-19 Vaccine Registration FAQ from RWJBarnabas Health.
- Acme is not doing COVID vaccines yet, but you can now sign up at their website to be alerted when the vaccine becomes available in your area.
- ShopRite sometimes has a wait time to access its vaccine scheduler, but it allows the public to make appointments.