Brush Pick-Up Program Guidelines
The Borough of Mendham provides brush pick-up service as a convenience for its residents. Brush is ground up curbside. The Brush Pick-up Program is for Borough homeowner’s only to assist in seasonal tree maintenance and storm damage to trees.
GUIDELINES FOR BRUSH PICKUP:
The following information shall assist residents regarding brush pick up procedures:
- All brush must be placed in front of the house generating it.
- Brush piles must be placed on the curb not on the road which causes a safety hazard. If limbs are too long, place them parallel to the curb.
- The piles must be stacked in an orderly fashion and not tied in bundles and shall not be larger than (6) six inches in diameter.
- Stack brush with the cut ends facing the road in the same direction.
- Brush will not be picked up unless it is called in.
- Branches will be picked up within a week of calling in the location; we cannot schedule an exact day.
ITEMS NOT ALLOWED:
- Stumps, root balls, roots, lumber, brush larger than six inches in diameter, metal of any kind, posts, clippings, dirt, grass, flowers, weeds, plants, leaves, bamboo or any type of household garbage.
- Cut down, whole trees.
- Excessively large piles.
- Brush cut or trimmed by contractors.
DO NOT PLACE PILES OF BRUSH ON VACANT LOTS
To Schedule Brush Pick-up Call
973-543-6535, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
or click Service Request Link