BOROUGH CLERK - REGISTRAR VITAL STATISTICS - VOTER REGISTRAR
2 West Main Street
Mendham, NJ 07945
SECRETARY TO MAYOR, COUNCIL AND MUNICIPAL CORPORATION
- Maintains all records, books, deeds, leases, bonds contracts and archives of the Borough of Mendham, with the exception of those by ordinance that are maintained in another department.
- Codification of The Borough of Mendham Code
- Administers oaths of office and affirmations in all Borough matters.
- Custodian of the Corporate Seal of the Borough.
- Affixes the Seal of the Borough to instruments and writings when authorized by ordinance or resolution of Council.
- Prepares the Meeting Agendas for Council Meetings.
- Records and prepares Council Meeting minutes.
- Maintians the permanent record of all Council proceedings.
Maintains a calendar of all matters pending before the Council.
- Custodian and responsible for storing and maintaining the Borough of Mendham archives and records.The Vital Records Office processes and maintains all records of births, deaths, marriages, domestic partnerships and civil unions that occur in The Borough of Mendham.
- Vital Records Registrar
- Birth Certificate
- Death Certificate
- Marriage License
- Domestic Partnership & Civil Unions
Voter Registrar & Chief Elections Offical
Oversees all elections held in the Borough of Mendham
Certifies local election results
- Issues and certifies candidate petitions for municipal offices
- Responsible for Polling Locations within the Borough of Mendham.
- Provides election materials
- Municipal Vacancy Law
- Should a vacancy occur in the Office of the Mayor or Council, the Municipal Clerk is the official responsible for carrying out the procedure in filling such vacancy.
Recording of public land records
Online document searches
Recording of business trade names
Issuance of county ID cards