Please select a year.
Christmas Tree Bonfire
Mendham Fire Department will host its annual Twelfth Night Celebration and Christmas Tree Bonfire on Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 6:30PM at the Borough Park. Mendham Fire Department members will collect Christmas Trees for Residents for a donation to the Department—see below for pick-up information.
Christmas Tree Safety Tips
- Once you get your Christmas Tree home, make a fresh cut across the tree’s base and immediately place in water. Keep the tree’s water container full at all times, checking the water level daily.
- Be extra careful with electricity, all open flames and other heat sources during the holidays.
- Check all Christmas Tree lights, other electric decorations and electrical appliances for wear (frayed cords, for example). Do not use lights, decorations or appliances with worn electrical cords. Use only UL approved electrical decorations and extension cords.
- Place the Christmas Tree well away from heat registers, space heaters, fire places, wood stoves, televisions, computer monitors and other heat sources.
- Place the Christmas Tree clear of doors to keep the emergency escape route clear of trees, packages and furniture.
- Unplug tree lights and other decorations when out of the room or sleeping.
What Should You do with Your Tree After the Holidays?
Never burn your tree in your fireplace! For a donation, Mendham Fire Department will gladly pick up* your Christmas tree for you and place it on the pile at the Borough Park for this year’s annual 12th Night Celebration.
Fill out this form, and mail it to—or drop it off at—the Fire House. Please have your pick-up slip in by 9:00AM Sunday January 11, 2015.
* Borough Residents Only Please